What to do with injured wild animals?

If you find an injured wild animal watch it first, to see how badly it is hurt. Birds for example may only be temporarily stunned if they have flown into a window.

If you are certain that an animal requires assistance, then please call your nearest wildlife rehabilitation centre. Alternatively, call the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 for advice or to arrange collection.

We can provide emergency treatment if necessary, but wild animals require specialist rehabilitation that we may not be able to provide at the practice. The animal would have to be moved to a specialist premises, or handed over to the RSPCA for any long-term care.

Contacting the specialists in the first instance may therefore reduce the stress that a wild animal will experience in being handled.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

clear formPost comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.